Coakham Farm Case Study
System Size: 249.89kWp
Solar PV Panels Installed: 943 X Jinko JKM265P-60
Electrical and solar PV design consultancy and installation was provided for this eco friendly renovation and expansion project at Coakham Farm in Kent. The site comprised four houses and various old farm buildings.
The owners of Coakham Farm wanted to expand and update the capacity of the on-site farm services and to provide as much of the heat and power for the site as possible from environmentally friendly sources.
The initial service helped to design and specify the new 250kWp solar PV system and the comprehensive electrical re-fit involving a replacement substation and conversion of all of the individual electricity supplies onto one private supply helping to drive better energy monitoring and efficiency across the site.
We also won the installation works contracts for both the solar PV system and the electrical re-fit.
We worked over the course of 24 months alongside various other contractors. The tasks involved installing a biomass fuelled district heating system and comprehensive monitoring and control systems used across the site.
This project was delivered by Poweri Services who worked in partnership with IPV Flexgen.
In the course of this project we:
- Designed and installed the new private supply electricity network for five houses and various farm buildings with sub-metering across the site
- Co-ordinated the local DNO and metering companies to change the old 150KVA substation for the new 800KVA one with minimal site down time
- Designed and installed the 250KWp solar PV system which will provide the bulk of the electrical energy required by the site
- Installed the hardware for the KNX control systems that oversee and coordinate the energy usage for the whole site
- Installed a comprehensive lighting and surge protection system